Nicole Blogger Banner

Nicole Blogger Banner

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Saturday Running Workout

Endomondo Running Workout: was out running 10.00 miles in 1h:25m:39s using Endomondo.

The temperature lingering around freezing, I had an "okay" 10-miler today.  I am still recovering from my two week hiatus.  Between running on the treadmill and outside this week, I racked up about 36 miles.

When I was in college, 40 miles per week was a cinch.  I could also complete my long runs so much faster without really feeling fatigued...

I'd heard that women typically peak in their early 30s.  Aside from my neurological disability, there's really no reason I should be slowing down the way I am.  It's disappointing, but I still believe I can complete this marathon.

Monday I am scheduled to go to my dermatologist.  My heel is finally "healing" up to the point where it doesn't hurt when I run.  Regarding the other moles on my feet, I am just going to have to express my feelings about a biopsy.  Simply put, I will need tell him that I have spent hundreds of dollars and hours between proper footwear, bracing, and training and that I would prefer to not have anything removed from my foot until after May 26th.

Perhaps I am being irresponsible.  I am a runner though.  Runners, generally speaking, are not rational or responsible people when anything gets in the way of training or reaching a goal.  In Chicken Soup for the Soul for Runners, I read a story by a woman who needed to have a hysterectomy.  She was 8 weeks away from her marathon.  Words like "carcinoma" and the reality of her health condition were not even registering with her.  She refused her hysterectomy... 8 weeks later, she ran her marathon.  The next day, she had her surgery.  That year she reached 3 milestones in her life: She turned forty, got cancer, and completed a marathon.

I don't think I have cancer, but I am certain all of this can wait until after my marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment