Nicole Blogger Banner

Nicole Blogger Banner

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Moving forward, one step at a time...

Yesterday afternoon, Nate drove me to Orchard Park so I could get new running shoes.  I was extremely nervous about changing my running philosophy after 14+ years of running in neutral shoes with orthotics, but I'm doing it.  I'm learning to run again in a new way with each step I take.

It's a change. My new shoe is the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 12. Some muscles that have not been worked in a while (or ever) are now working.  The good news is I do not really even need my knee brace.  Take that, arthritis!  I think my foot is a half a size too small for the size 6, but I'll manage.

I completed a 5 mile workout yesterday and today a 9 mile run.  My legs are tired!  I used the "dreadmill" since our Buffalo weather has absolutely sucked, but I'm not going to let that deter me.

I'm more nervous about the surgery I'll need to have on my foot on Jan 21st.  I just had no idea how dangerous moles could be.  But I'm getting out of the funk I've been in over the past week and I'm training like I'll be running the race of my life in May, regardless of the unknown.

Peace out.




No comments:

Post a Comment