Nicole Blogger Banner

Nicole Blogger Banner

Friday, March 29, 2013

It's Over

I did my best.  I keep playing that late afternoon at the gym last week over and over again in my head.  What if I'd had my foot positioned differently?  What if I didn't stretch quite so hard?  Hell, what if  I'd decided I was in a hurry to get home and didn't have time to stretch?

I spoke with the woman in charge of Dystance4Dystonia today, Debbie Durrer.  I explained how I pulled my hamstring and how it felt like it was on fire.  We agreed that it would be best if DMRF pulled my page and turn off donations.

I tried very hard and made it so far.  I felt like I was making a dream come true while supporting a cause close to my heart.  I will not be running the Buffalo Marathon.  I am injured.

I guess all that's left is to say  "thanks" to everyone who believed in me and donated to the Dystonia Medical Research Foundation.  My body will not allow my to run anymore.  I don't know when I'll be able to do so again.  I'm taking care of the injury, but after 3 days off, it hurts a lot.  I can't say with any degree of certainty that I will be running so much as a mile on May 26th.

Injuries happen and that's life... I just wish there was a convenient time to be injured. :-(


No comments:

Post a Comment