Nicole Blogger Banner

Nicole Blogger Banner

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

1 day down 180 to go...

I just finished day #1 of my marathon training program.  20 minutes of light cross training or walking.  You know, when I saw the workout for the 1st day, I thought, "really?"  Per my doctor's instruction, I need to do some weight lifting for the arthritis in my knee, so after my easy 20 minute recumbent bike ride, I used 4 different machines at the gym to work some non-running leg muscles. 

You know what?  For as many miles I have run over the years, and as strong as my legs might be, the lifting was tough!  Those non-running muscles in my legs burned!  I am fairly confident that strengthening will help my injuries.

I am taking glucosamine chondroitin again as well.  I asked my doctor if I was throwing money away on this stuff... in a word, he literally said "yes."  But I simply cannot believe it is doing nothing.  So many runners I know take glucosamine and swear by it.  Are they all wrong?

Today I need to complete a 2-3 mile run RPE-L.  So basicically, a slow 2-3 miles.  Depending on the weather I may go to the gym and save my outdoor runs for the weekend.  I also need to continue to focus on stretching.  Apparently my leg muscles are extremely tight (according to my doctor).

One thing I must say - crossing out day one on my training calendar fet really good.  Can't wait to cross off day 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment