Nicole Blogger Banner

Nicole Blogger Banner

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

A Beautiful Evening Workout!

Endomondo Running Workout: Check it out!  I was running 4.35 miles in 35m:03s.

Technically my marathon training has not yet begun, but now that I'm over my cold/flu, I had to get out on the road.  I got home from work and put on my new orthopedic-prescribed knee brace. It was 54 degrees and sunny - a beautiful November afternoon.

I am thrilled about the knee brace.  It provides a ton of stability, holding my kneecap into place, preventing further cartilage damage and the arthritis was not an issue tonight.

I'm terribly out of shape.  I held a pretty steady pace but it's not indicative of my true capabilities.

I've read that the two biggest mistakes that people new to marathon training do is either overtrain or undertrain.   The workout above is actually WAY too much for a marathon that's over 6 months away, but technically I am not starting my real training for another week. I'll have to cut back a lot on my mileage or I will burn out well before the end of May.

Can't wait to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment