Nicole Blogger Banner

Nicole Blogger Banner

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Moving Forward by Staying Still

I really am bummed when Nate has to work on the weekends, but this time (for me) it just may be for the better.  Despite the fact that I have been told several times that I just do not slow down and take a breather, with Nate at work and me being sick, I'm giving in and not feeling guilty.  Nate always tells me to slow down, and I never listen.  Now, my body is finally telling me to stop.  I am listening.  The harder try to push myself, the more tired I get.  I will not be out training as long as I am sick... so I just need to stop.

Canned chicken noodle soup never tasted so good!

Admittedly, I am an exhausting person.  I am always on the move.  I talk a lot.  My husband tells me that I never relax, and I guess it's true.  I enjoy projects, housework, shopping and of course anything having to do with running.  Then there's the fact that I am neurotic, which stresses everyone around me out.  Life isn't perfect, I don't know where things are, and that pile of laundry can wait.  I must be losing my mind,  But every time I stand up, it's like... "woah..."

I stopped at Tim Horton's this morning and chatted with Dan Green; one of the regulars there.  He's in the same line of work as Nate, but works for the Amherst Police Department.  He talks about as much as me.  After spending close to two hours solving the world's problems over coffee, I headed to my parent's house to show my dad the new wheels.  My mom got a nice shot of me sporting my 8th grade soccer sweats and my Niagara University hoodie.  Despite my attire, I still feel pretty cool with the new car. :-)

Me and my 2013 Hyundai Elantra

Well, my husband just called me and I barely squeaked out a "hello."  At this point, a nap would probably do me some good.  The sooner I recover, the sooner I'll be able to get back to my training.

No comments:

Post a Comment