Nicole Blogger Banner

Nicole Blogger Banner

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Running with a hole in my foot...

Today I was scheduled for a 2-3 mile workout RPE-L.  I was apprehensive due to the mole removal on my foot yesterday, and debated whether or not I should cross train and weight lift instead.  Since the weather was decent, I opted to shoot for a run in my neighborhood.  I obviously still have a hole from where the mole was removed, but it's no longer bleeding, which is a good thing.

Switching from the treadmill to running outdoors is so strange.  Since that you can literally set the pace with the push of a button on a treadmill, you're forced to stick to it.   It's pretty much impossible to screw up your pacing unless you go out way too fast.  If you're running outdoors, it's easy to trick yourself into thinking that you're running much slower than you really are - even while utilizing a Garmin.  But the Garmin doesn't lie.

My RPE-L workouts at the gym have all been paced slightly over 9:00/mile.  Today, feeling pretty good and feeling like I was running slowly, I averaged my 3 mile run at 8:04 per mile.  Mile # 1 at 7:56, mile #2 at 7:54, and mile #3 at 8:12.  While I feel that the workout was certainly completed slower than my 5k pace, it definitely wasn't a low-intensity excursion!  Maybe the treadmills aren't calibrated right?  Who knows. Anyway, here it is for today: Endomondo Running Workout: Nicole was out running 3.02 miles in 24m:21s using Endomondo.

In any event, I'm glad I finished the workout.  My knee hurts though.  Tomorrow needs to be the slowest run of the week - a 6 mile run.  Hopefully the weather will hold up for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment