Nicole Blogger Banner

Nicole Blogger Banner

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Scientists Discover New Genetic Basis for Dystonia, a Debilitating Movement Disorder Impacting 500,000 North Americans - The Mount Sinai Hospital

Scientists Discover New Genetic Basis for Dystonia, a Debilitating Movement Disorder Impacting 500,000 North Americans - The Mount Sinai Hospital

As most of you know, I have primary torsion dystonia which is generalized (meaning, all over my body).  I have no idea why I have this disorder since I test negative for the most prominent gene associated with torsion dystonia - the DYT1 gene.

The discovery of this new gene may provide hope for me!

In other news, I am 95% sure I have achilles tendonitis.  I am in pain after working/running yesterday.  The pain came on suddenly at home and it was so subtle at first that I thought part of my shoe was just digging into my leg. 

This really stinks...

No comments:

Post a Comment